Thursday, June 22, 2006

Craig overcomes cocaine dependency

December 2005

If there ever was one to be called a modern-day miracle worker, it would be Dr. Dan Staso. I cannot praise him enough to fully express my satisfaction!

I’ve struggled with addictions most of my life. I began drinking around age 14 (I’m now almost 40.) Around age 20 I realized I had a problem. In my late 20’s I wanted to do something about it. I went through 3 different rehab programs, attended AA meetings, so on & so forth with limited success. Around age 35 I decided smoking cocaine would be a good idea. This was the worst mistake I ever made in my life. This stuff ripped me up, chewed me up, then spat me out and I still wanted more. How stupid is that? I could never figure that one out. I would have cravings for weeks at a time and be miserable fighting them off only to give into them “Just to get it over with.”

About four months ago I found Dr. Staso. Since then he has retrained my brain to where I can think things through and it makes sense to me. I still get cravings; in fact, sometimes I make one happen on purpose just so I can smash it instead of it smashing me. I’ve never felt more confident in being drug free. Things I couldn’t understand now make sense to me. I think for the first time in my life I’m using my brain for its original purpose.

I can never thank Dr. Staso enough for all he has done for me. I can now say with confidence “I am no longer a cocaine user!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home