Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ken stops smoking pot

Ken, a man in his 30’s, had attention deficit disorder since childhood and was going through a long spell of feeling depressed. He would wake up unhappy and smoke marijuana to feel better. His wife complained about this, but he refused to stop. After he saw his wife improve in neurofeedback, he agreed to receive some training himself.

After 23 sessions he said, “At first, I didn’t know if it would be able to help me at all. After the first few sessions my overall attitude and outlook on life got better. My willingness to try new things and my motivation improved. It’s really helped me in many areas. The marijuana craving began to subside more and more after that point. It’s hard to explain, but it feels like my mind is on the right track. I’m a lot more alert. I’m a lot happier waking up in the morning. I’ve tried to quit smoking pot and drugs in the past and have had no luck whatsoever. People at work have actually noticed that I’m taking a little bit more time with things. It seems like I’m more together.”

His wife added, “He’s able to cope a lot better with situations. He’s an artist and he’s been a lot more motivated on his art. He is having a lot more creative energy. He’s calmer and easier to talk to. He listens more before he makes a judgment. I always thought that we were happy, but it seems like now we’re just so much happier. We’re able to talk through things a lot more than we used to. He’s just calm in general.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home